Now that summer is here, it’s time to cool off at a cruelty-free cost. This tasty dessert is not only irresistibly good but vegan! Who needs artificial ingredients or dairy when you can make your very own ice cream with an ice cream machine or even just a blender? You will not only cut the calories in half, but you will feel healthy and satisfied, too! This dessert is also great for those who are looking for a dairy-free ice cream alternative and are looking to make it right at home, easily. Sound like you? Here’s the recipe!
Vegan Ice Cream Recipe
- 1 can of coconut milk found in the asian section of most grocery stores. I used A Taste of Thai, frozen overnight then chilled in fridge. I only had unsweetened so I added raw cane sugar to replace the sweetness.
- 2 containers of So Delicious Culinary Coconut Milk, frozen overnight then chilled in fridge.
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup of dairy-free milk. I used Silk Soy Very Vanilla.
- Handful of fresh or frozen fruits (optional). I used raspberries.
- Cinnamon Sugar (optional)
- 1 tsp raw cane sugar (optional)
- Ice Cream Machine (optional but recommended)*
- Mix all the ingredients in the blender until a creamy consistency.
- Put in the ice cream maker and follow manufacture directions.
- Pour into a freezer safe dish.
- If it comes out rather liquidy, put it in the freezer for 30 minutes, stir and repeat until it reaches the right consistency.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar, dried coconut, raspberries, berries, etc. and enjoy your delicious vegan treat!
*Use step 4 if you don’t have an ice cream machine.
Clearly, eating cruelty-free doesn’t have to taste bad nor does it have to have cow pus in it. In fact, it just might get you hooked! It’s so delicious and guilt-free, you’ll be back for more. Trust me, give this one a try and you’ll see how easy going vegan can be as long as you use wholesome and healthy ingredients. Be sure to experiment on your own and see what varieties you can come up with! That’s the joy of eating vegan: the freedom to be different.